Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default I am a dummy

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:23:01 -0700 (PDT), "Gramp's shop"
wrote:

While helping my son repair some steps to his deck and drilling some 3/8 holes through

the stringers yesterday, my Makita 18v LI drill crapped the bed. Plenty of battery, but it
wouldn't drive the bit. I love that drill. So this morning I drove 30 miles to the Makita service
center to see if I somehow busted the clutch. Turns out I must have knocked the top as the
speed control was in neutral. Since confession is good for the soul, I never even knew the
damn thing had selectable speeds :-)

Consider yourself more of an intellect than a dummy if it took you
that long in your life to do something like that. Most of us
accomplish a task like that much earlier in life.

+1