Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn[_2_] jo4hn[_2_] is offline

Default I am a dummy

On 8/21/2013 5:23 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
While helping my son repair some steps to his deck and drilling some 3/8 holes through the stringers yesterday, my Makita 18v LI drill crapped the bed. Plenty of battery, but it wouldn't drive the bit. I love that drill. So this morning I drove 30 miles to the Makita service center to see if I somehow busted the clutch. Turns out I must have knocked the top as the speed control was in neutral. Since confession is good for the soul, I never even knew the damn thing had selectable speeds :-)

Larry

Whilst patching some drywall holes left by the plumber, I managed to
drop my Panasonic 15v on the tile floor. I picked up the drill (a
strange 5 second rule) and turned it on. Nothing. **** me says I.
Turns out the two speed control ended up in the middle which gives out a
rattling sound and a free wheeling clutch. Set it back to low and all
was well. Phew. I will never ever drop a drill again (the pledge).
mahalo,
jo4hn