Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting blog on fracking

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:12:53 +0100, "Tim+"
wrote:

Um, not completely. I would agree that pylons are a visual blight that
we've all gotten used to

The tourists who responded to the survey agreed with me rather than
you in placing them higher than turbines as a detractions from the
view.

BUT they aren't concentrated on hilltops and high
moors like windmills are

They frequently cross and blight otherwise relatively unspoilt wild
skylines.

and certainly aren't anything like as visible at a
distance.

It depends where they are.

More often than not pylons run through valleys reducing their
visual impact enormously.

Only sometimes true, and anyway the valleys and glens are mostly where
people live, so residents and visitors still have to put up with the
eyesore.