Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Its a Maytag

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 19:09:45 -0400, the renowned Tom Gardner
Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 8/21/2013 1:28 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
My Sears brand washing machine lasted 24 years. Came with a GREAT
manual and the couple repairs it needed were a piece of cake.

Milady upgraded to a high efficiency front load Maytag two years ago.
A couple days ago it blew a fuse mid cycle and she couldn't even open
the door. It had all my britches in it and my one remaining pair was
getting pretty rank so she had the local repair guy out.

he said ya, no repair manual to be had. Normally a tech sheet is taped
inside the machine but not the case on this one. He didn't know how to
repair it unless we call Maytag. he also said cost is likely the same
as a new one. So, we should just throw it away. its a model
MHWE200XW00 serial HL12229330 FWIW.

Say it ain't so Joe.

Karl

My favorite old curmudgeon of an appliance parts guy told me to keep my
10 yo. Maytag running for the rest of my life!

Good thing it was the opinon of your appliance parts guy and not your
doctor!

He said parts will most
likely be available forever. It hasn't failed at all yet (knock on
wood), it only came up in conversation when I had to buy a relay for my
Maytag fridge from him.

All my friends with the "new" washing machines complain that they stink.
Why is that?

They even sell special detergents to combat the stink (I imagine they
are not cheaper than regular detergents in loads per $).

http://voices.yahoo.com/prevent-remo...127.html?cat=6

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany