Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Its a Maytag

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:28:09 PM UTC-4, Karl Townsend wrote:
My Sears brand washing machine lasted 24 years. Came with a GREAT

manual and the couple repairs it needed were a piece of cake.

Milady upgraded to a high efficiency front load Maytag two years ago.

A couple days ago it blew a fuse mid cycle and she couldn't even open

the door. It had all my britches in it and my one remaining pair was

getting pretty rank so she had the local repair guy out.

he said ya, no repair manual to be had. Normally a tech sheet is taped

inside the machine but not the case on this one. He didn't know how to

repair it unless we call Maytag. he also said cost is likely the same

as a new one. So, we should just throw it away. its a model

MHWE200XW00 serial HL12229330 FWIW.

Say it ain't so Joe.

Karl

FWIW, the Maytag stove I bought about 25 years ago has sucked from day 1.

But, as far as retrieving your britches:
From a web site:

There should be tech notes under the top cover or inside the lower service panel.

If not, or you cannot get to it, here are the instructions for a manual unlock from the tech notes.

Manually Unlocking the Door Lock System
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Remove the top washer panel.
3. Reach down along the inside of the front (between tub and CCU) and locate the top of the door switch/lock assembly.
4. Located on the top of the door switch/lock assembly is a ring-shaped tab..
5. Gently pull the tab upward about ¼" or until a click is heard.
6. The door may be opened.

Read mo http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/...#ixzz2ceEitHrI
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com