Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interesting blog on fracking

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 17:53:03 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

From a personal point of view, while I find pylons slightly intrusive,
they do tend to blend in somewhat, as they don't move.

They are also grey not white so don't stand out against the back
ground, vegetation. Pylons are rarely all in a row along the top of
ridge as well. You might get one as the line passes over but that'll
be it. Nota good idea to have line exposed to the wind and ice...

Pylons don't have the same density as windmills either, one every
half mile or so in a line low down. Not one every 1/4 mile on a
grid(ish) over many square miles, on the higher ground.

Wind turbines have bloomin' great spinning bits which shout "I'm
here!!!!" to all and sundry.

Aye, a static plylon on the horizon doesn't attract attention a
whirling wind mill, even when you can't even see the hub, does.

--
Cheers
Dave.