Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interesting blog on fracking

Java Jive wrote:
For example, he moans about the wind turbines on the landscapes he
drives through, but is apparently blind to the pylons, which almost
certainly outnumber the turbines by hundreds or thousands to one. A
turbine is only an eyesore, if you consider it such, I don't really,
at the point of installation. Pylons, in contrast, are all over the
Highlands & Islands, and are a much greater collective eyesore, yet
none of the anti-wind brigade ever complain about them.

From a personal point of view, while I find pylons slightly intrusive,
they do tend to blend in somewhat, as they don't move. Wind turbines
have bloomin' great spinning bits which shout "I'm here!!!!" to all and
sundry. They're a lot more difficult to ignore, and under the right
circumstances, can be distracting if you're driving past a farm of them,
and keep catching movement out of the corner of your eye..

--
Tciao for Now!

John.