Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting blog on fracking

On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:50:19 +0000 (UTC), Steve Firth
wrote:

Huge wrote:
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:29:45 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

[Some dribbling **** that's killfiled here]

Well obviously it can't be, because otherwise you wouldn't have
replied to it.

Still, the greenwash Nimby proved that David was right by ignoring the
information that he didn't want to see.

As I'm not a 'greenwash Nimby' (sic), I take it you're referring to
someone else.

As for myself, I have read it. I think I have a more or less open
mind on shale gas, but I note the article's pro-shale gas, anti-wind
bias.

For example, he moans about the wind turbines on the landscapes he
drives through, but is apparently blind to the pylons, which almost
certainly outnumber the turbines by hundreds or thousands to one. A
turbine is only an eyesore, if you consider it such, I don't really,
at the point of installation. Pylons, in contrast, are all over the
Highlands & Islands, and are a much greater collective eyesore, yet
none of the anti-wind brigade ever complain about them.