Posted to alt.home.repair

Default VCR OTA Connection

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:19:32 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:51:56 -0700 (PDT), novel

wrote:

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:49:39 AM UTC-4, wrote:

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 21:39:21 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

No HD cable box uses a coax connection from the cable box to the TV. It's either HDMI or component video

He doesn't need to do anything with the cable box to TV link.

The VCR A/V out goes to the TV A/V in now

Hook the antenna to converter then RF to the VCR RF in

Hook the cable box A/V out to the VCR A/V in

(that lets him record both)

As the OP, wouldn't that be awkward? I mean i have to do auto channel search for OTA. So how does the vcr know how to record off cable?

I thought that part of your setup already worked.

+1

Or do you mean

"How *would* the vcr know...." Because some vcrs let you specify AV

(or AV1 and AV2) as input sources, when you set up timed recording.

All let you do it manually.

I'm tired of the bits and pieces presentation in this thread, starting

with the first post.

Uh oh....

By now you know what we think is important.

Please tell us how it is wired now, including all the parts you are

using, all the wires, all the connections, what it does that you want,

and what it does not do, whether the cable box has a dvr in it or

you're using the VCR to record cable, everything in one post.

I almost posted that myself, but trying to be kinder and
gentler, held back.