Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to turn off fire sprinkler?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:18:31 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Most moments when the sprinkler is going off,
the FD has control of the scene, and no one
is allowed in. So, the device may sit in a
drawer, until it's all over.

Most. May, may not. I'm as cheap as anyone here but if I had
sprinklers, I'd spend the 85 dollars for the one posted, unless for
some reason it wasn't going to work at all.

Actually, I've had more water problems than probably any of you.
Just about everything that can go wrong has, And for the most part,
the only things that got damaged were the cardboard boxes things are
stored in on the basement floor. (I have two wood tool boxes on the
floor but they sit on sections of fence picket. They've never gotten
wet.) I used to try to replace the boxes but they were each of a
different size, and some had thick walls and very hard to find. So
now I just let the boxes sit there until they dry out. They stick to
the cement floor a little, but not much. If any rust forms on what
is inside, I'll use a grinder with a wire wheel later.

Another time, I had a whole set of DC and suburban phone books and
yellow pages, that a friend in DC collected for me. They got wet and
no good, and a few even got moldy, so I threw them all away but one.

If I had sprinklers first I'd hide my photo albums from them The
electonic pictures I have muliple copies of, and probably woudl't be
damaged anyhow.