Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to turn off fire sprinkler?

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:48:45 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Taylor wrote:
replying to Tony Hwang , Taylor wrote:
dragon40 wrote:

Hi, Why OP worry about that? That is FD business unless he is worrying
about accidental trigger of the sprinkler. Think Murphy's law. If
accidents hppens, that is when you are not home....,LOL!

Actually, you speak with firefighters (many of my friends are
firefighters) and many of these activations happen when people are home
(kids throwing balls in the house, remodeling being done, burning food on
the stove and the fire gets put out but water is still flowing, etc).
Plus, some fire departments don't have these tools yet and resort to using
wood chalks if the head is still intact. But if its been completely
damaged and they don't have the proper tool, they're going to let that
system drain. You can check with your local fire dept to make sure they
have the tools necessary, or you can have your own back up plan. Just
depends on how valuable your property is. And yeah, renters/homeowners
insurance will replace items, but you have your deductible and there could
be items you can't get back

Most of the things I want I couldn't get back. They're my and my
family's personal history and they don't sell that anywhere.

. Having a fire sprinkler shut down tool is
like having a fire extinguisher in your home.. Just food for thought.

?
Hi,
Even if you have the tool there is no guarantee you can use
it in time for restricted access to the valve.

Nothing comes with a guarantee (except death and taxes). I would
certainly want one of those if I had sprinklers.

I never lived in
a rented place.

Rented or owned, you've never had sprinklers, right?