Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT. - HS2

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:29:29 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

Ah! You have until October this year to register your mineral rights
with the Land Registry:-)

No chance, the Land Registry record has:

"The mines and minerals together with ancillary powers of working are
excepted with provision for compensation in the event of damage
caused thereby."

Having had a dig about on the LR site, just in case, we'd need
documentary evidence of our right to the mines and minerals. That
doesn't exist.

The land around here was forfieted by James Radcliffe, 3rd Earl of
Derwen****er after the 1715 uprising. In 1735 George II granted the
estates and mineral rights to the Greenwich Hospital. The GH issued
mining and mineral leases to a range of companies from then on. Who
actually has the rights I don't know(*) but it ain't us...

(*) Presumably Minco have a lease.

Oh well:-)

Redland Aggregates -LaFarge-Tarmac retained ours when they sold the
freehold to us.

On land elsewhere, as far as I know, we have the rights but who knows
what the Church Commissioners, inclosure acts or local lordships amount
to:-(

--
Tim Lamb