Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Gun Hatin Neighbor

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:07:13 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message ...

On 08/20/2013 03:42 PM, RogerN wrote:
I don't know if you remember my post about the neighbor that doesn't like
me
shooting, but since last time... I haven't shot for a little over 2
months,
last Monday or Tuesday I decided to adjust the iron sights on my AR-15 so
shoot for a few shots, around 5:30-6 PM or so. Sunday morning I hear our
neighbor shooting right outside our house at 6:21 AM, note I shoot around
300 yards from his house, he shoots ~10 yards from my house just to be an
asshole. He's not target practicing, just shooting into the ground to
wake
us up early. So, I get up every morning at 5:10 AM for work all week,
his
shooting on Sunday morning isn't that big of a deal, I'm usually awake
laying in bed.

You need to inform your local Sheriff about this and get it on the
record, regardless of whatever action the the Sheriff is able to take.

Sometimes it just takes someone seeing a badge at their front door to
give them a reality check.

Jon

Yes, I've been calling the sheriff's office the first time they did this and
the they told me to let them know when he does this. This time when we
called they couldn't find it, I happened to keep a log of the incident and
was able to give them the exact date of the first incident.

I don't mind being neighborly and considerate, that's why I went 2 months
without shooting. Then I want to get my iron sights in the ballpark and he
does it again. I didn't stop shooting for 2 months because he's the king
of the neighborhood, I did it to be considerate. Then I shoot one time and
he's close (~10 yards) from the back of my house shooting at 6:20 AM Sunday.
So, since he doesn't appreciate it I shot Sunday afternoon, Monday after
work, and tonight after work. Our sunset time is currently around 7:40, I
quit shooting by 6:30 or so.

Tonight the neighbor and his wife comes out here after 9PM with chain saws
cutting trees on the property line, just to punish us for shooting. I wish
they would clean up the rest of the trees off the property line! I think
they want to be able to see us, or perhaps record us shooting, it will just
make more sound travel to their property, the vegetation that they removed
helped deaden the sound.

RogerN

Do you own a backhoe?

"There are no leftists in mainstream American politics.

Just two right wing parties, one hard right and one softer."
Christopher A. Lee, 8/18/2013