Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default The Gun Hatin Neighbor

"Bill" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:42:19 -0500, RogerN wrote:

If it were me, I would set up a camera in a concealed location and tape
him crossing the road, coming next to your home, and shooting; then show
that to my local authorities (and talk to a local lawyer).

Whose land is he on when he does this? His, or someone elses? Maybe
you couold get that property posted as "no trespassing" by the owner?

I wouldn't confront someone as psycho as your neighbor. Sounds like a
real loose cannon - with no respect for anyone but himself. Stay clean
and within the law - let the other guy screw up...without geting
yourself hurt - or killed. Take consolation in the ammo/cash he's
wasting ;-)

--
Email address is a Spam trap.

Sounds like good ideas. The property is his farm land so what he's doing is
only illegal if it's because he's within 10 yards of my house or because
he's just doing it to be a nuisance (they have admitted that they do this to
get back at me for shooting over 300 yards from their house). If they would
let me know what days and times they want to sit outside without hearing
gunfire, I'll shoot around their schedule. What it seems he wants it to be
able to make the law for the neighborhood and everyone has to obey his
command.

On Sunday mornings he drives his truck maybe 150 yards down his driveway
then about 150 yards down the road, parks, walks in his field right next to
out house and shoots about 30 rounds, reloading after every 6 shots. I want
to catch on camera if he's transporting his gun legally, in a case and
unloaded, for the ~150 yards he drives on the public road. I have a good
bit of R/C equipment, been flying models since 1981, so I can set a couple
of cameras on servos to pan and tilt. If I desired I could set a gun on
servos but he's not worth it unless he attacks us first.

My current wireless IP camera and my video camera with transmitter doesn't
have zoom on either camera, maybe I can use my camcorder too, it has a
remote.

RogerN