Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default OT car auction

chaniarts wrote:
On 8/19/2013 7:09 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/18/13 8:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/18/2013 8:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 8/16/13 10:29 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If you are a car guy, you dream about finding stuff like this

http://blog.timesunion.com/classicca...nebraska/1823/

Included is a 1978 Corvette with 5 miles
A 1959 Chevy with 5 miles

Over $27 million for this car: http://tinyurl.com/lsmhlm5

I wish I would've known about this auction. My gallon jug of
change
is almost full.

Most of us cannot comprehend having that much to spend on a toy let
alone actually doing it.

I don't understand a lot of people's reasoning about money. I
was in a motorcycle shop one day and overheard a couple talking to a
salesman. They were talking about financing one. Huh?
Motorcycles in Nebraska a a luxury. One won't come out ahead using
one as a commuter vs. a car. I understand borrowing for a house or to
make major improvements to one's property. But borrowing money for a
toy makes no sense to me.

instant gratification as opposed to delayed gratification

Probably lots of people die with money in the bank and are/were none the
less happier because of it. In
fact, I think they were probably happier because of it.