Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT. - HS2

On 20/08/13 15:41, Nightjar wrote:

You can see for yourself what is covered by 'regulations'

http://www.europeanlawmonitor.org/eu-regulations-2012/

69 of them in 2012 alone

As compared to 3328 Statutory Instruments produced by the Parliament
at Westminster in 2012. So 2% of our legislation of that type came
from the EU and, so far as I can see from the list, it all dealt with
things that needed to have a uniform approach across the whole EU.

right down to
69 COM 2012 2 Proposal on the special schemes for non-established
taxable persons supplying telecommunications services, broadcasting
services or electronic services to non-taxable persons
http://www.europeanlawmonitor.org/eu-regulations-2012/com-2012-2-proposal-on-the-special-schemes-for-non-established-taxable-persons-supplying-telecommunications-services-broadcasting-services-or-electronic-services-to-non-taxable-persons.html

sheesh. That really is a show stopper, what would we do without that
one.!

If you are in the business of supplying the relevant goods to
consumers across the EU, a lot more paperwork. It is part of the
process of making a common market work, which is something we, as a
country, have agreed is within the remit of the EU.

Except we as a country, never agreed.

Our elected representatives agreed, so the country agreed, irrespective
of whether some citizens disagreed. That is how our democracy works.

Colin Bignell