Wally

Default Any reason I shouldn't get the Dewalt DW618B3 router kit?

Very simple... Not durable and not reliable. Experience talks here as
I've seen Makita and DeWalt tools failing miserably when you need them
the most. I was the guy in charge of bringing the defective tools to
the repair place. The mechanic showed me the difference between the
yellow stuff and the red stuff. You gotta see it to understand.

Ok, I admit for hobbyists and weekend woodworkers who are spending
more time purchasing and reading about tools than actually using them,
DeWalt and Makita hold up pretty well when gathering dust on the
shelf.

DeWalt spends more money in advertisement than in R&D. That alone
should talk by itself...

Wally

On 24 Jun 2004 19:02:36 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:59:46 -0400, Wally wrote:
There's a major reason not to get it... it's a DeWalt!
You should look at the Bosch or the Porter-Cable instead...

For those of us who aren't privvy to whatever supporting details you
apparently are, what is the inherent problem with DeWalt that
contaminates the entire product line, in your opinion?