Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT. - HS2

On 20/08/2013 12:45, dennis@home wrote:
It would only take a firmware update to the ones with nav systems in.
Most people don't know about the data recorded for crash analysis by
common cars. Its not as though they need any extra hardware for most
things, they have shock sensors, speed sensors, brake sensors, etc.
already. Some even have cameras that read road signs, etc.

Although, if you ask the manufacturer about how good the road sign
cameras are, you won't get a straight answer. I want to know whether it
can tell the difference between a speed limit that applies to my vehicle
and some of the temporary limits that apply to, for example, cars towing
trailers or LGVs on some continental motorways.

Colin Bignell