Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT. - HS2

On 19/08/2013 21:43, Nightjar wrote:
On 19/08/2013 20:16, dennis@home wrote:
On 19/08/2013 16:32, Nightjar wrote:

I also can't seem to find the black box that you claim my car is fitted
with, despite having had a lot of the interior out and a lot of the
wiring traced to fit my own black box, so that I can track it.

There are black boxes fitted to many modern cars, there have been court
cases in the US where people have claimed faults in cars caused crashes
but the black box info shows it was driver error. I don't know of any
that use GPS but i dare say the ones with high end sat navs built in
probably do.

The one I fitted uses GPS to give me a feedback of exactly where my car
is at any time, as does the Roadhawk camera I also have. However, the
one I am looking for is the one the OP implies has been fitted by the
manufacturer in order to enable GNSS road pricing.

Colin Bignell

It would only take a firmware update to the ones with nav systems in.
Most people don't know about the data recorded for crash analysis by
common cars. Its not as though they need any extra hardware for most
things, they have shock sensors, speed sensors, brake sensors, etc.
already. Some even have cameras that read road signs, etc.