Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt[_10_] Matt[_10_] is offline

Default Home Depot receipts

On 8/19/2013 11:01 AM, knuttle wrote:

On 8/19/2013 1:37 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
"WW" wrote in
:

"m II"Â* wrote in message

Canada. A few days ago I purchased some lumber at my local Home
depot. On the Credit card machine a question came up before allowing
me to proceed. It asked "Would you like your receipt emailed to you?
Y/N"

My God! Is the next thing the same way the phoney grocery bag scam
has gone? Are we going to have to pay for a printed store receipt if
we don't want to give out our spammail address?

After all it's all in the name of green planet hype, isn't it? That
paper receipt will kill millions of omeba in the twilight zone that
protects earth.

WTF is next?
--

mike

They do that hereÂ* (Colorado) also. You say no and they hand you the
receipt.Â* WW

We have that at the HDs in Indianapolis as well. The stupid thing is
that if you say yes, you get a paper receipt anyway!

Not really so stupid at all.Â* At least at this phase of the program, it's a
question asking if you want something additional, not an either or question.
Maybe that's how it will unfold in time, but not now.

I just don't understand why minds seem so inclined to look for (not look
at...) every single evil incarnation they can imagine.Â* Does the word
"paranoia" have any meaning here?Â* Or maybe just "bitching"?
Â* Ferchristssake - they're offering the consumer something and what do we
get - well it's all here to see in this thread...

Is it possible there are state/county regulations affecting the distributions of Receipts?
For Pete's sake, don't give ANY government any ideas... before you know it, they'll be wanting a copy of every receipt for themselves too!