Posted to uk.d-i-y
happy zombie jebus on the cross happy zombie jebus on the cross is offline

Default diy projects to do.

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:18:14 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 18/08/2013 19:37, happy zombie jebus on the cross wrote:
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 12:27:42 +0100, "tim....." wrote:

"happy zombie jebus on the cross" wrote
in message ...
1 put shelf rails and shelves at each end of the dinning room cupboard
(finaly started that
yesterday).

11 wonder what i missed on the list as something always gets forgotten.

1) Move into new (to me) flat (12 days ago). It's 4 years old.

2) Buy/fit bathroom (1) cupboard - done.
3) Buy/fit bathroom (2) mirror - done.
4) Buy/fit 2 * toilet roll holders - done (how do people live without
these?).
5) Buy/fit towel ring - done (other bathroom has standing rail).
6) Fix living room curtain rail that was hanging off because stupid numpty
previous owner hadn't drilled the screw holes deep enough - done.
7) Buy/fit LR curtain/lampshades - done.
8) Buy/fit narrow (17cm) bookcases in hallway - half done. Unfortunately
this size only comes in cheep and nasty design, but the size requirement
trumps all other considerations.
9) Buy/fit extra shelf in each of 4 kitchen cupboards - done. -Thanks B&Q
cutting service!
10) Raise shelf in storage cupboard (1) as it was in the wrong place - done.
11) Fix hooks on wall of storage cupboard (2) to hold bike out of the way.
12) Buy/fit shelf below bike to cover other stuff.
13) Replace the stupid phallic cupboard lamp fittings that are going to get
broken if I don't find something that fits flat (or is recessed). Oops one
gone already.
14) Buy/fit nice wooden bath panel to replace the awful, tacky, plastic
thing that the builders fitted. - Bought, awaiting cutting to size -
unfortunately I didn't take the exact measurement to B&Q!
15) Buy/fit curtain rail in bedroom (1) for curtains that I already have.
The EA picture suggests this was a 14.99 item, why did she take it with her?
Currently using some blackout material held up with nails. Bedroom (1) not
highest priority.
16) Buy/fit replacement lock barrel or additional lock because the numpty
owner didn't give me all the keys back (see earlier thread).
17 Paint over disgusting purple feature-wall from previous numpty (she left
the tin in the cupboard in case I wanted to touch up. Um no, that's in the
bin already!)
18) Fix all the poorly filled holes from other stuff that she took down and
repaint walls - fortunately these are white!

Um...

did I mention

unpack 60 boxes and find home for contents

ah the painfull memories of moving into a new home. i had 20 boxes that where just paperbacks. i
thought they'd all been unboxed and put on shelves bar 1 box in the bedroom and a pile about 3' high
by 2' deep on my side of the bed. not sure what to do about those. i found another when clearing out
one end of the cupboard. the mrs and i read a lot so we have LOTS of books.

Buy Kindles. I have 65 books on mine at the moment.

i have a blackberry playbook and we have kindles and other assorted ebook readers. they are a pale
comparison to reading a real honest paper or hard back. pluss. some books are just not suitable for
that size, for instance, take the oversized coffee table books or reference books. it just doesn't
work on a tablet or ebook reader.

--

mhm x v i x i i i