Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Mains quality monitoring

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:26:38 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Does your UPS not measure the volts and allow you to poll it for that
information?

It probably does. It's got a network card, sends email alerts, and I
think it supports SNMP. I'll look into this.

I had an event early Sunday morning, which resulted in the following
emails (the contents of the emails doesn't really add anything):

Subject: UPS: On battery power in response to rapid change of input.
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:27:14

Subject: UPS: No longer on battery power.
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 00:27:15

The RCBO didn't trip this time.

One advantage of a monitor is that I could plug it into other outlets
and see if it's ocurring on multiple rings/outlets or if it's just
one.

You leave it plugged in, it counts the number of transients, and has
LEDs to indicate if the voltage has been out of range (mine's the old
240V +/- 6%, presume they are now calibrated for 230V +/- 10%)

Shouldn't be the spec never actually changed to +/- 10%. It's still
230 V +10% -6% (216 - 253 V).