Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_3_] Tony Bryer[_3_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:18:25 +0100 SteveW wrote :
It's also the Christian norm in Ireland. Someone dies in the morning,
there is a service (the Removal) in the evening and they are buried the
next morning. If they die in the afternoon, the Removal is the evening
of the next day, the burial is the day after.

The whole system is set up for it. Priests, undertakers, caterers, etc.
all ready at very short notice. Deaths are announced on the radio - as
announcements in the paper are abviously too slow.

I'm not sure about it needing to be quite so quick but couldn't help
notice that the last few UK funerals I've been to have often been two
weeks after the death. I know the undertakers now have fridges and embalm
but it seems uncomfortably long. My father died on a Sunday and the
funeral was the following Friday which seems about right to me.

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com