Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT. - HS2

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 18/08/2013 20:50, Artic wrote:
Typical view of someone who lives in the south east and couldn't give a
flying **** about the rest of the country beyond Watford.

Have to say as someone who lives in the south east, I strongly suspect
that HS2 will worsen my transport options to the middle and north of the
country. That is one reason I am very wary of the claims made for it.

If it's anything like the TGV service from Paris to Barcelona (not quite
there yet) it will make a vast improvement.

It's being promoted wrongly. It's a London to Glasgow route being built in
stages. Not a London to Birmingham route which might get extended.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18