Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Need regex code for counting newsgroups

In article , James Waldby
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:51:54 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:

There was a thread some time ago on ways to kill postings with too many
cross-posts. Some of these methods involved regular expressions, most
likely counting commas in the newsgroups header. Can anyone provide a
pointer to the thread, or related threads?

The third link in google for terms
newsgroup filter crosspost count
looks like an r.c.m thread from 31 Aug 2011,
subject = "Agent kill filter help please". See eg
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.crafts.metalworking/P_jb3KpxUaU

I did do that and got flooded with suggestions that I use some other
newsreader, but I was looking for actual regex code, because the reader
I currently use (Thoth) does accept regex, so step one is to try that.

You could also add a term for your specific newsreader.

Hmm. Thoth is uncommon, so I didn't think to try that.

But I just tried it, using "thoth regex cross posting" (without
quotes), and it yielded another regex expression "x-ref matches Regular
Expression" from

http://compgroups.net/comp.sys.mac.s...sted-messages-
in-thoth/1154581 and

http://macusenet.com/archive/index-t-9149.html