Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default frequent pump runs

On 8/18/2013 8:19 AM, Frank wrote:

I've never checked pressure in mine and note that last tank was
installed 8 years ago. I had written on the tank that the installer said
bladder pressure should be set at 25 - 28 pounds.

Should be 2-lb under the cut-in pressure -- which implies you're running
a 30-50 cycle; pretty common as well...

This is third pressure tank on my well over its ~35 year lifetime.

Which averages out to about a dozen yr/tank which is about what one can
expect on average -- it's quite possible OP can stretch the life of his
for several more years depending on the state it's currently in and
precisely where his leak is and how long it's been neglected in the
current state.