Andy Hall

Default Granite worktops: any advice please?

On 19 Nov 2003 10:08:42 GMT, wrote:

PoP wrote:
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:55:38 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

For the granite, you will also find that the price is affected by the
blend of colours. We found one which is predominantly black but with
crystalline silver-grey and quite subtle but rich blue under certain
lights.

Not having had experience of granite worktops a couple of questions
are in order......

Presumably, being granite, the surface could be a bit cold during the
winter months. How does granite stand up to having a hot pan stood on
it?

My wife's sister also finds that she has broken quite a bit of
crockery on her granite worktop, especially glass. It's very
unforgiving if you drop anything on it.

I'm not sure. I can't say that we have broken more things on a
granite worktop than the laminated one that preceded it. Neither
surface will flex if you drop a glass on it.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl