Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] cmenegoz@gmail.com is offline

Default technics SU-CH9 mini-system amplifier

El viernes, 4 de septiembre de 1998 04:00:00 UTC-3, Greg Allen escribió:
This is a Bi-Amp from a Technics mini-system from about 1990/91. After 15 minutes of use, at moderate volume levels the bass side amplifier cuts out on both channels with a loud click (heard on the speakers). Power off, wait a few seconds, power on fixes it. No visible signs of fault - dust etc. Any clues, or suggestions for repair (London UK).cheers,Greg Allen

Greg, you have a state of the art piece of equipment. It seems that maybe something related to temperature is bodering after a few minutes. review this and change the ventilation device is cheap and easy. I have one at home and one day decided to connect it to a pair of B&W DM603 that allows bywiring and the result I got is incredible. The quality of sound is hard to believe and has nothng to do compared to the original speakers. I also tried the same speakers with things like YAMAHA M65 (power amp 170 W per channel), YAMAHA RVX 795, Luxman 1000 series and none of them are close to the sound of hte Panasonic / Technics.Also I have apair of MS speakers and tried with again excelent results. Good luck with your SC.