Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Need regex code for counting newsgroups

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:03:28 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:56:55 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 12:51:54 -0400, Joe Gwinn
wrote:

There was a thread some time ago on ways to kill postings with too many
cross-posts. Some of these methods involved regular expressions, most
likely counting commas in the newsgroups header. Can anyone provide a
pointer to the thread, or related threads?

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

You can set that in Agent 6.0 in folder properties. Today, I've been
using the Message-ID field for the new flock of bozos. When I see a
message id containing "theremailer" or "dont-email.me", it's a pretty
good bet for the bin.

How are you doing that, Pete? I only see a Message-ID field in
filtering emails, not Usenet posts.

H key to show the headers, then make a new filter with the message id
in the filter expression like below.

The "\" is needed in front of the "." in the regular expression
language so that it isn't interpreted as a wildcard.

Pete Keillor