Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default diy projects to do.

On 17/08/2013 17:20, happy zombie jebus on the cross wrote:

i will be doing all this with the aid of my 'helpers', my twin sons, 9, (one has adhd and one has
adhd and autims (like me)) as my old man had me help him when i was a nipper and i'd rather they
learn to do things for themselves than pay someone to do something they should be able to do for
themselves.

I am trying to do this with my sons, but I find it very difficult as I
have to actively resist just taking over - I also struggle with adults
if I can see that I can do it better/quicker or just through hating
standing doing nothing.

The eldest (10 yesterday) has been very useful for sending under the
floor to thread various cables through (I struggle due to bad knees and
the gap being to small to even get into a proper crawling position).

We've no chimneys to clean though

SteveW