Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Jan Panteltje Jan Panteltje is offline

Default Bouncing cells?

On a sunny day (Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:00:54 +0200) it happened Robert Roland
wrote in :

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 05:14:21 GMT, Jan Panteltje
wrote:

Forgot to do the bounce test on the empty one...

The video mentions alkaline batteries. The Eneloop is a NiMH
rechargable battery.

Yes I mentioned that.

If so it is not detectable on my scales (resolution 10 grams)
I have a more sensitive one too, but those batteries are too heavy for it.
Would have to set up some differential measurement method, but not interesting enough.

Rechargable batteries have a safety valve that will blow off gas if
the battery is greatly overcharged. This would suggest that a fully
charged battery has more gas in it than a discharged one.

But a balloon full of gas, the right gas, helium or hydrogen for example, will measure lighter.
Even hot air will do.

;-)

If that is
correct, it would follow that fully charged battery should bounce more
than an empty one.

Well try it, would make interesting youtube.