Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why aluminum prices are up; copper to follow

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:52:47 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 18:16:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:54:28 PM UTC-4, F. George McDuffee wrote:

The fact that no laws seem to have been violated is not a

justification for continued unethical and counterproductive

[in the aggregate] activity but rather a highly persuasive

argument for the immediate re-enactment (and draconian

enforcement) of new and improved versions of Glass-Steagall

to reconstruct the firewalls and bulkheads between the

financial services sectors and the reanimation of the CFTC

with reimposed position limits in the commodity markets

[among many other things] and the re-regulation, if not

prohibition, of "derivatives" aka gambling contracts.

I think letting states have lotteries is worse. It harms people that can little afford to be harmed.

Dan

Indeed it is. Operationally this is a tax on stupidity, but
then so are derivatives where, like jack in the beanstalk,
you trade the cow [real cash money] for a bag of magic
beans...

No one forces one to buy a ticket. Never forget that.

If one has "surplus" cash they want to **** down a rat hole...thats
their choice.

As for me...my "surplus" cash goes to other things...food, gasoline,
taxes etc etc.

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of