Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default greenhouse fan motors

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 19:22:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:33:57 -0400, Bob S
wrote:

I opened the first box and pulled out the motor, and the shaft was
frozen so it wouldn't even turn. I know that some of you have good
results with these guys, but I have serious doubts about their QC.

Pull off that cover on the ass end and see if the fan is hanging up on
the tail end of the cover.

Ive had a few recently where the handling left something to be desired
where they evidently dropped the motors on the fan housing and bent
the sheet metal. I hammered the sheet metal back in place and they ran
fine

And I've had one where the fan was pressed on too far and rubbing on
the front housing. Eyes open, guys! QC ain't what is used to be.

Any more, "ISO 9001" means 'Someone filled out the right paperwork.'
They can still build 'em wrong, pack 'em wrong, send 'em to the wrong
address, etc. sigh

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732