Posted to alt.home.repair

Default frequent pump runs

On 8/17/2013 3:50 PM, nestork wrote:
mcdonnep;3108582 Wrote:
Hie everyone. I have a submersible pump with a fl 7 composite bladder
tank. The pump turns on at 40 and off at 60. Every time I flush the
toilet, the pump turns on. Is this normal? I thought that the tank
should
hold more that 1 toilets worth of water. I don't know how much the
toilet
holds, house was built in 1991. Thanks in advance for the help.

Your toilet is probably 5 gallons per flush.

If withdrawing 5 gallons from your bladder tank is sufficient to cause
it's pressure to drop below 40 psig, then the pump will come on every
time the toilet is flushed.

You may want to consider installing a much larger bladder tank. The
bigger your tank, the less frequently your sump pump will come on, but
the longer it will run each time it does come on.

Um, I didn't think you used a sump pump for potable water. O_o

TDD