Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT car auction

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:21:20 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
.. .

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 17:44:20 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I was watching the Mecum auction last night. This 69 Mustang, with 902
miles on it, sold for $550K.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...=CA0813-161271

The plastic wrap is still on the seat belts, steering wheel and passenger
seat. Every decal, sticker, nut and bolt is original. Obviously this car
was purchased as nothing but an investment.

The announcers noted that someday that Mustang will be a million dollar
car. Obviously that million dollars will be impacted by inflation, but
thainvestment if the value continues to appreciate at the current rate.

In 44 years the car went from a selling price of about $4500 to $550K.
That's about 11% annually. At that rate it'll could worth over a million in
about 6 years.

That was me that bid on it. I dropped my 401k and invested in
Mustangs at 11%. Better than the stock I had.

EdYou wish. WW

And 44 years ago I had neither the money nor the balls to do such a
thing.