Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bloody amusing customers

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
ARW wrote:

Then came the funniest thing I have heard for ages. The customer said
"I've just remembered something. When I swapped telephone companys I had
the phone line made into incoming only calls. You might as well "call me
******"[1] and get down from the ladders".

Me and an IT bloke spent ages today trying to get a DTT modulator to talk
to the laptop. Eventually we discovered that the two ethernet-type sockets
had each other's labels (as referred to in the instructions) next to them.

Bill

Must have been the day for it. I spent ages trying to get some signal
through a slave amp from my signal generator distribution box. Turned out
that I'd used one jack cable to link the two sockets on the box, and the
other one to link the two input sockets on the amp. All four plugs emerged
from a tangle of cable in the middle of the bench, that I couldn't be arsed
to sort out :-|

Arfa