Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On 13/08/2013 18:11, harryagain wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message
I'd just like to make the point that any electric car that does not have
an alternative means of propulsion once the battery is flat, is
particularly stupid and so were the designers. Unless of course it has a
range of many hundreds of miles.

I never drive "many hundreds of miles."

I have had a couple of times where I have received a call to say a
relative has died and they are being buried the next morning - on the
West coast of Ireland! Too late to get a flight that night; the first
flight the next morning too late for us to get there. Jump in the car,
drive 2-1/2 hours, catch a ferry, drive 4-1/2 hours and once, get there
with 15 minutes to spare! No way with an electric car.

SteveW