Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

In article ,
harryagain wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , harryagain
wrote:
Fast (DC) chargers have a roadside rectifier and are about 60Kw in
size. Charges my car to 80% in 20min. I think the Leaf needs 30 mins.
There is a different charge socket for this. There are about six
pins for various control link as well as the two big ones.

You have one of these at home? If not, do you use one elsewhere?

No and no. Why would I need one at home anyway?
They shorten battery life.

Sigh. The only point in mentioning a fast charge system is if you have
access to it when needed. In the same way as you have access to filling
the tank on a petrol car.

And is anything which shortens the life of an already horrendously
expensive battery worth mentioning anyway?

--
*If you don't pay your exorcist you get repossessed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.