Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default New low for RCM

Jon Elson wrote:

wrote:

Agent, when downloading messages, says: Downloading up to (x amount)
messages. With filters in place today Agent reported downloading up
134 messages. Only 9 made it past the filters. This is the lowest
percentage yet of good to bad messages. Sad.
Eric

Yup, it is a SAD case, indeed! Tons of political rants, almost no metal
content I can find. Why do people do this? Do they think people really
want to discuss these rants?

Jon

Not really, I just scrolled back to 16-Jul, one month ago and there were
many metal related threads:

Cutting railroad rail, spindle bearings, spring sources, pulleys and
more bearings, limit switches, metalworking demo projects, repairing
cracked castings, butt welding SS wire, bending AL, turning rings from
copper pipe, sharpen threading dies, gearbox efficiency, hydrostat mower
repair, leaking fuel tanks, shaft seals and mystery collets.

What there is too much of is people not setting appropriate filters and
then bitching saying the group is dying because they can't see the on
topic stuff through all the chaff. Fix your filters and the group is
very much alive.