Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On 12/08/2013 20:47, Nightjar wrote:
On 12/08/2013 16:20, whisky-dave wrote:
I know of a couple that drive to cornwall and share the journey.
They just stop, sometimes have a break and swap over.
They can't be the only ones to have thought of this method to dribve
long distances.

Thinking about it is not the same as it being a practical possibility.
My partner has always viewed my vehicles as being impossibly large to
drive and I have to include in my insurance chauffeur recovery of my car
from anywhere in Europe, should I ever become unable to drive it home.

Colin Bignell

My wife can just about be persuaded to drive my Focus (and previously my
Primera), but only with extreme reluctance and constant guidance so a
rest is not an option (she normally drives a Matiz).

My mother on the other hand, with a little push, could even be persuaded
to take over from my dad while he had a sleep - and that was in an
Austin 1800 and towing a Sprite Musketeer!

SteveW