Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Shrinking a carpet?

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 03:24:38 +0200, nestork
wrote:

PS: The correct term for "tack strip" is actually "tackless strip".
That's because when the Robert's Company first came out with
"Smoothedge" in the 1950's, it eliminated the need to use tacks to nail
the carpet down around it's perimeter as had been the custom prior to
then. So, "tackless strips" eliminated the need for carpet tacks.
Nowadays, people don't even know what carpet tacks are, so they call
those strips "tack strips". You know someone knows his history when he
calls it a "tackless strip".

Okay. But I can still ask for "tack strip" and get what I want