Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cig smoke smell, which paint

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
On 15/08/2013 19:47, Simon Cee wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 07:07:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi folks

What paint would be best to stop walls ponging of cigs?

I've used cheap bio clothes liquid [or powder] solution, and wash
walls using a soft bristle car brush. Brown rivers of tar running down
the wall... yuck, but strangely satisfying. Normal emulsion went on
fine afterwards.

Interesting. So Dave is wrong about the tar being water soluble then?

I can't see why you'd use a clothes cleaner rather than sugar soap. Which
is the standard way of washing down paintwork. And does remove the effects
of fag smoke.

Bio might be ideal for curtains in a smoking room, though.

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.