Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Tire Rotation Scam

wrote in message news:4e853832-42d0-49ce-9cef-

stuff snipped

So, one argument in favor of not rotating is that
if everything is working OK, why screw around?

I agree. It's a classic example of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Of
course, I drive so little that dry rot is my enemy and rotating isn't going
to help that. It probably doesn't help that I remember seeing van just like
mine that had partly fallen off the lift at the place where I buy gas.

I would hate to have that happen during a rotation or have the idiot
mechanic have her wrench on tighten and then come to me to say all my (red
hot!) lug bolts were stripped. (Sears, back when I was a punk kid and
didn't know any better not to go there.)

If I noticed uneven wear on a tire I wouldn't rotate it (like they do with
pedophile priests) I would have the car inspected and aligned.

--
Bobby G.