Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shaun Shaun is offline

Default Which Brandss of cordless phones most reliable

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Michael Black wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Shaun wrote:

Why don't your open up the battery compartment and check to see what
kind of
batteries are in it.

NiMh.

But I think the point was whether the phone uses a battery pack, or just
regular off the shelf AA cells.

The former, you either need to put togehter a replacement pack, or buy
one, which can be expensive. If the latter, just about any AA will work
so you have options if there is a problem.

if there is a problem, I can always use a different handset. I keep
the base and two phones in my bedroom. One on the computer desk, and the
other on a charger by my bed. The third phone is near the back door. I
paid nothing for these phones. They were given to me used, when a
relative decided to drop their landline. They sat in storage for a year
before they remembered to give me the box, with the NiMh batteries
installed.

There does seem to be a move to regular AA cells (though obviously in the
form of nimh), which certainly makes the phones more useful.

More useful? The phones I have are over seven years old, with the
original NiMh packs that are dirt cheap to replace.

They are dirt cheap wonder boy IF you go to a dedicated battery store and
get the cells or have them make a new pack for you their. If you go to a
regular department store you'll pay an arm and a leg for the batteries. The
prices are so bad at regular store you might as well buy new phones!

Shaun

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.