Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default Machine Mart - small claim

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
They clearly really annoyed the judge with their behaviour so I think you
have the moral victory. I'll be emailing them about the loss of any of my
future business also.

and done.

email to FAO Mr Steve Carnell

"Dear Steve,

I've been following with interest for some months on Usenet in uk-d-i-y your
bizarre antics in refusing to refund Mr Rick Hughes £38 for the unfit for
purpose inspection light he returned to you (for a credit note which turned
out to have an expiration date he didn't know about and thence became
worthless) and your absurd behaviour in actually defending the case in court
for such a trivial amount and trying to claim hundreds of pounds in costs
from him rather than just play the white man. "Customer service" is
apparently a completely alien concept to you and trying to retain happy
customers, and thence hopefully over the years their friends and associates
too, possibly something you maybe once heard of but wish to take no part in.

In the past I've spent a fair bit with your company on engine building
equipment such as engine stands and a 1 ton engine crane. Not enough of
course on its own to make a scrap of difference to your annual results one
way or the other but small amounts from many customers is what adds up.

You are dear sir an absolute tosser and you and your company can be assured
of no further business from myself or any of my friends and colleagues I can
persuade likewise.

If you had a scrap of decency you'd apologise and refund Mr Hughes his £38
plus his court costs and he'd no doubt post that in the thread and you'd
regain the support of the many people who've been following the case.

Cordial regards,

David Baker"