Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default Machine Mart - small claim

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
On 14/08/2013 22:18, GB wrote:
On 14/08/2013 21:34, Rick Hughes wrote:

How much did it all cost you (cash, not time)?

£50 plus original item cost of £38

They sent someone from head office to contest a £38 claim? My jaw
dropped. I thought this must be hundreds.

Did you annoy somebody who took it personally?

He came form Nottingham, claimed they had to hire a car (200)

That really is taking the ****. Does the entire head office not have a
single employee with their own car or a company car capable of a 440 mile
round trip without breaking down? However unless they wanted to risk the
judge citing them for contempt or fraud they presumably did actually hire a
car and had a receipt to show in support of their expense claim which means
they really have ****ed away many hundreds of pounds to save £38 plus costs.
What complete ****ing idiots.

plus 45p
per mile for a 440mile round trip.
Judge threw out all travel claim.
He also tried to claim for days wages as well (also rejected)

Quite predictable as I said back in April, loss of income or wages is not
claimable in the small claims court at all which they ought to have known
and not tried it on with the judge and litigants in person in any county
court case are limited to claiming about £10 an hour for their case
preparation time regardless of their actual salary whereas lawyers can
charge £300 an hour or more which thoroughly ****es me off.

They clearly really annoyed the judge with their behaviour so I think you
have the moral victory. I'll be emailing them about the loss of any of my
future business also.
--
Dave Baker