Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Snaking too often

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:36:36 PM UTC-7, bob haller wrote:
snake with camera inspection. after yearly clogs had it snaked and camera nspection. i have a video tape somewhere around here.....

every joint but one of the clay tile had tree roots....

I went through that years ago in the back yard! Trying to remember if they replaced the clay tile with more clay, or with cast iron. That was before plastic got so big. Where are my records????

so i started salting the drain water a few times a year and that took care of the roots.
rocksalt is cheap and effective......

But this is a different situation. The clog must be somewhere in the (ISTR) copper pipes I had put in decades ago UNDER THE HOUSE where one wouldn't expect roots.

didnt have the bucks to replace the line.... so this is a excellent interim solution thats worked for me for around 15 years

Nor I, nor I! The (separate) job on the bathroom sink & under house pretty much wrecked my budget!

rock salt, maybe I should start doing that again *in the back yard*. Should I introduce the solution through the cleanout?

Is there a downside to rock salt? Anybody?

HB