Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Machine Mart - small claim

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
20 years of experience in county court civil litigation and consumer
rights advice made this a very simple judgement for me. County court
judges are in the law business - not the right and wrong business. They
will rule on the law and not how hard done you felt yourself to be be.

Agreed, although I am slightly surprised there is not an angle of attack
in the unfair contract terms legislation - since he was pushed into
agreeing to a contract without first having sight of it.

Think you'd have to go a few courts higher to argue that. Sadly, it's
often the case that if you sign to having agreed to conditions you're
stuck with them - even if they later seem unfair.

There was a recent one on the radio - someone had booked a holiday and
paid by credit card. The hotel was rubbish and totally misrepresented in
the blurb, but the credit card company refused to help because 'terms and
conditions' had been signed.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW