Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Machine Mart - small claim

On Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:28:30 PM UTC+1, Rick Hughes wrote:
You might remember I posted details of an item I bought from Machine

Mart (combined magnifier & Fl light) it was useless, quality of

magnifier lens was so poor everything was out of focus.

Took it back the next day ... as I had 'opened the box' they would only

give a Credit Note.

Next time I went to buy (£50 ) took Credit note to pay ... to be told

credit note expired.

In the very small print there was a date limit ... certainly not

mentioned by the shop at the time.

I tried multiple approaches to MM ... all rejected, so followed

suggestions here and submitted a Small Claims Court write ... for value

of goods.

Their defence is the terms of credit note were written on it, and they

therefore dispute the claim.

They have issued a counter claim ... where they are claiming £380

damages for "Transport to and from court, & time away from the office"

Hmm The Ryanair school of customer care then ?