Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane grill

On 8/12/2013 6:45 PM, Andy wrote:
I have a Brinkman propane grill.

The gas control knobs aren't letting gas through, thus it can't be lit.

Do I need to change out what I would call, Gas Control Valves ?

If so, would it be safe to just change out 2 out of the 4 for now ?
(Assuming the others would be kept closed.)

Thanks.

Tom already posted about an insect building a nest which clogged his
burner but I would unscrew the jets on the end of the gas valves to see
if there is debris clogging them up. I've had to clean those jets on
both Natural Gas and LP gas appliances. If you are very careful and do
this test outdoors, not in a garage or under a deck. Set it up out in
the yard and with your regulator and gas line removed from the grill,
screw it into the propane tank, slowly open the valve to see what kind
of gas flow is coming out the end of the hose. If you don't have a
manometer to measure the pressure, usually around 6psi or 11 inches
Water Column, the gas flow will feel like you're blowing hard into the
palm of your hand, tuba players back if off a notch. If you get no gas
flow, as others have posted, it could be a safety device preventing gas
flow or a clogged or defective regulator. Be safe. ^_^

http://gashosesandregulators.com/pro...atorfacts.html

http://www.propane101.com/regulators.htm

http://bbq.about.com/cs/replacementp.../aa071100a.htm

TDD